If you ever feel just saying “I love you” is getting old (though it shouldn’t) here are 20 new ways to tell your beloved that you love them.
1. Share five minutes of uninterrupted eye contact. Creepy … but definitely a memory. Don’t forget to smile.
2. Watch a sunset or sunrise together with your favorite indie rock anthem playing in the background and pretend you’re in a slightly obvious hipster film.
3. Call your love and just thank them for specific things they’ve done for you.
4. Pick out a book (at least a blog) and read aloud together. Quality time together and the expansion of your individual/collective knowledge bases.
5. Set up a “technology-free” day/evening so you can fully focus attention on a loved one.
6. Get fancy. It’s a classic, but dressing up and splurging on a loved one is a timeless way to tell someone you care.
7. Go to the dentist with them. Or some other place where a loved one is dreading to go. Just be there with them so they know you care.
8. Re-visit a first date or first meeting place and reminisce about what brought you together, what you’ve learned since and what you’re looking forward to together.
9. Make a handmade Valentine’s Day Card. Creative, frame-able and ultra-twee.
10. Write out an Alphabet of Appreciation. “You are A for Awesome, B for Beautiful, C for …” (you get the idea).
11. FRESH. BAKED. COOKIES. Need we say more?
12. Facebook kisses. Tell your loved one why they are special in front of the whole Facebook world.
13. Hand-write a letter explaining why you love someone—and be specific.
14. Dedicate and perform a song to your beloved. If you can play guitar/piano, even better!
15. Host a movie night. Pop some popcorn and arrange a marathon of your love’s favorite films from his or her childhood or college days.
16. ROAD TRIP! Take your love to that place he or she has always truly (or ironically) wanted to go (i.e. the Disneyland, Chuck E. Cheese, Las Vegas, etc.).
17. Surprise someone with an early morning date. Watch the sky light up, go to a favorite breakfast spot, drink coffee and start the day with a full cup of companionship.
18. Public Display of Attention. Proudly and sincerely compliment, dote over and affirm your significant other in front of others.
19. Give flowers or chocolates. An oldie, but one that never fails to work
20. Buy matching mugs and drink tea. We have matching mugs from Disneyworld, Vegas, Cali, and the christian store. It’s always a special moment to drink and think of the memories we share.
*some items on the list are adapted from http://www.relevantmagazine.com